Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My first mother's day with Sam

Well, my fear as mother's day approached was that I would not feel special or pampered. Growing up my sister and I loved to celebrate our mom and make her feel very well taken care of. We would make her breakfast in bed, give gifts and have fun. As we only have one week left before returning to Portland I feared that some of our kids would have a difficult time with this day and since we have a teen mom I wanted to make sure she felt special as well. Michael started off the day waking up at 6:50 and leaving the house with Sam. He returned home a little over an hour later and laid my sweet baby boy next to me in the bed. He then returned with breakfast in bed, a card and a rose. I am not a big morning eater...don't get me wrong, I would be if I wasn't usually stressed out and crazy busy making sure Sam is fed and changed as well as the other kids. My mornings are usually stupid and I am always tired but it is the only time that Michael knew he would have to celebrate with me and Sam. Here is the list of things he brought me for breakfast: raisin bran, 8oz orange juice, a small hot chocolate, a banana, yogurt, and two of my fav. krispy kreme doughnuts. I only ate about half of what was on my plate and finished off the rest the next morning (although the doughnuts got eaten that evening). In the card were two CD's. The card was amazing. Michael had given the pen to Sam and guided his hand to sign his name. It looks awesome. The rose and the carnation (from church) are sitting in the middle of our dining room table. I took our teen out for dinner at one of her favorite places and got a Bible that I intend to have all the kids sign. It was a wonderful start to a very difficult day...one I don't think I will ever forget. I wish I had some pictures of Sam and I from our first Mother's day but time did not allow. He was pretty adorable though...he was wearing his "I love my mommy" onesie, some sweats and sneakers. So cute! One week until I return to the great NW. Can't wait to see all of my wonderful family and be able to sleep for once (it's crazy that Sam is not the one that doesn't allow me sleep...I always seemed to take for granted those Saturday lazy days...not any more).

No comments: