Saturday, May 22, 2010

Moving

Well, I was just looking through our old posts and realized I did not post this after writing it...oops. I don't think I ever actually finished it but it gives an idea of some of the things going through my head after the move.

As we drove away from our home in NC, I became very sad. Sad that we were leaving all that we called home for the last year. We made wonderful friends and a few new additions to our family. It became very difficult to leave our NC family. Michael and I talked about all that God taught us over the last year. We have grown so much and learned an enormous amount about ourselves and each other. I praise the Lord for sending us to NC. It was amazing learning to depend more on God and my husband and realize how strong I truly am. I struggled less with homesickness than I ever expected possible and loved the country life. It has actually been difficult getting used to all the cars passing by the house now. It seems very unusual. I am getting used to it. The flight was long but Sam did amazing. He slept through the majority of it and just looked around. I hope he is always such a laid back person. He has been a bit more fussy lately but I attribute it to late nights and early mornings. He is still getting used to the difference in time (I think).

No comments: