Thursday, May 6, 2010

Becoming a Mom

Growing up my desire was always to be a stay-at-home mom. However, I never wanted to be the typical 50’s wife who does all the cleaning and cooking. I also wanted a large ranch-style house. I have always wanted my marriage to be a cooperation, which I believe is what God intended it to be. Michael and I discussed this at length before we married. I shared with him my fears and desires as a wife and mother. However, as I have done this job, I have learned that all I want to do is stay home with my son and care for him and my hubby. I want to do the laundry and keep the house clean, I want to do the cooking. I have also realized that I want a smaller house. I want something cozy and comfortable (and easy to keep clean). I know I will have to get rid of a lot of our things when we move into our own place. I am okay with that as long as I am able to live clutter free and clean. I love being Sam’s mom and Michael’s wife. I feel that is what God has for me. It is my greatest desire. My hope and prayer is that we will be able to afford the change. I am already trying to whittle down our expenses to find out what we need to make in order for me to stay home. I would greatly appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

Cliff Girl said...

Yes! This is beautiful.
One thought I often come back to is that there are only a few things I know for sure--things I have not created or caused to happen--things I am certain are from God.
I know God has given me my husband (I could never have made something this amazing or mysterious by myself) and He has given me my children (nothing of my own self effort-other than birthing :)).
I believe that if I throw myself fully into those two vital roles then I am acting in accordance with God's plan.

Michael and Jen said...

Thanks Adrienne. God is so good, I trust that He will provide in his time and we are learning to continue to trust Him in the process.