Friday, March 13, 2009

Crying Wolf



This is U.B. A coworker gave us this little Border Collie/Husky mix. His name is taken from the movie Uncle Buck. Jen's family American Eskimo that died recently was named Buck. In the country the dogs run free, are fruitful and multiply so we got a free dog out of it. He is of course extremely busy attempting to manically chew on everything. He is basically like having another kid. But the night after we got him I was very stressed out. Trying to take care of the wife, the kids and a new puppy was exhausting and I had just had a conversation with a coworker that made me feel bad. I was questioning whether getting the pup was a good idea even though we had wanted one for a long time. While I was cooking dinner he came over, plopped down and rested his head on my foot. The stress left for the rest of the night. Other than the chewing thing he is a very good dog. He is basically potty trained and he does very well in his kennel. He loves everyone. We have been introducing him to dogs on campus and he is a very confident pup. He tried taking on a German Shepherd mix more than three times his size. He is very vocal as Huskies usually are . He makes all kinds of honks and moans and whines. It's pretty entertaining.


I was excited to get him because he looks a lot like a Border Collie mix that I had in Junior High. I had to give her up because I did not know how to take care of her. It killed me. So this time we are working very hard at training U.B. and making sure he gets his exercise. It has been good to go on walks with our foster kids and to teach them a bit about taking care of a dog. He is a difficult pup but I figure if I am not able to take care of a stubborn dog than I don't know how I will take care of five crazy kids. He has been a good test preparing me for much harder tests to come.


-Michael

U.B. also LOVES to play with ice...I (Jen) could watch him kick it (and then chase it) all over the kitchen floor!

1 comment:

GrannyNanny said...

Awww! He's so cute! :-) Miss you guys.