Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Checking In

Well, I didn't exercise last night nor do I intend to tonight as I am pretty tired. Michaels weekend is over :< I love having him home and hate when he has to leave us every day. However, we are extremely blessed that he works from 4-1 so that he is home to spend time with us in the afternoon and evening. Sam is doing extremely well. He is such a chunk. Yesterday at church a 6 year old boy came over and attempted to play with him. He looked at me after a couple minutes and said, "He's fat. But it's okay, I was too. I was fatter than he is." SO FUNNY!! It's so true too. I love how much meat he has on his bones. I attempted to weigh him the other day by holding him on the scale and it said about 25-26 lbs. Not sure how accurate that is so I'm really wanting to call the doctor and see if I can take him in just to be weighed. He is 8 months old and so close to crawling. I know he'll get it soon and then I'm in trouble. I was making dinner tonight and he so badly wanted me to hold him and kept crying and trying to get to me. When he is able to crawl to me in the kitchen I'm going to have to think of some creative way to keep him out...baby gate perhaps or maybe we'll just put up the playpen?? Some friends from church just had their first baby. It reminded me of the excitement of going ot the hospital knowing that within a few short hours (and yes, they do go by quickly) I would be able to look at the sweet baby that had been growing for the past 9 months. It also made me want another baby. However, I was reminded of the reality of having one needy baby within just a couple of days and couldn't imagine having two. I look forward to one day having another baby but I think I am just going to enjoy each and every moment of just having one and being able to get plenty of sleep (not that I get enough right now but I can only imagine how much worse it gets once you have two). Also, I think Sam is listening closely to everything the doctor's say. At every appointment the doctor asks if his is doing something specifically (this last time it was if he is becoming more of a mama's boy) and the answer is usually, "no not right now." However, within a few weeks if not days, he is doing exactly that. While cooking today, all he wanted was me. He was so fussy until I finally sat down with him while I was eating. He just loves to spend time with mommy. Michael got to rock him to sleep tonight which was a huge help to me and a wonderful bonding time for them. I am so glad that Michael is so much a part of Sam's life. I can't imagine having him be any other way. I praise the Lord for the family he has blessed me with daily.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I cannot believe Sam is already 8 months old! Chunky babies are the cutest! Glad to hear you all are doing well.

Rachele said...

You have such a wonderful little family Jen!