Friday, December 18, 2009

SNOW DAY!!!!

We are whipping out blogs like mad. Today was pretty amazing. We had at least nine inches of snow. I took out the younger girls and the dog to play in the snow and it was one of my favorite memories from my time here so far. The dog, U.B., has Husky in him so he should be a natural snow dog but the last time we had snow he was afraid of it. Now he is a bit older and he enjoyed it thoroughly. He bounded and leaped and ran in front of the girls that were sledding. It was entertaining. The kids are so cute when they are all bundled up and red-nosed. My neighbor and I met up and watched the kids sled. My neighbor had his eyes on a much steeper hill. It was covered in twigs and shrubbery to get tangled in. This hill probably wouldn't have been office-approved for the kids to sled down but we have learned that when this is the case you simply don't ask. It actually didn't turn out too bad. It was a fast ride for the kiddies and it was a fun day. Things get stressful here with the constant nature of the job. We are never off for more than a couple of waking hours at a time and it is pretty draining. But having days like this are great because you get to enjoy watching the kids play. Every time they were inside they were bickering of course and asking a hundred questions a minute but while we were outside it was perfect.
One of the other couples that work here just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl (that looks so much like her daddy) and it is making me so anxious to see my baby boy. Tonight he has been moving around like mad and it was awesome. Last night we were watching a TV show that had a newborn on it and I got teary eyed. I'm turning into a woman. We keep getting gifts in the mail (and we are VERY thankful for them) and I keep on thinking of Sam in the new pajamas or bathing tub or whatever thing arrives and I get so excited. Just a little bit longer.





1 comment:

Scooch said...

Romping in the snow is one of my favorite winter activities. I wish I could be there sharing those great outdoor moments with the kids.