Wednesday, November 18, 2009

God is Faithful!!

I recently had to break some bad news to one of my foster kids. I had been praying about it all day while the child was at school and dreading having to break it to her knowing that it would break her heart. My fear was that she would act out in anger and use some very choice words. I had been praying all day that God would prepare her heart and give us (my case manager and me) the wisdom to know how to tell her. The time came to finally break the news. Michael took all the other kids out of the house for an hour so that we could have some privacy. The child surprised me. Instead of getting angry, she became very sad and began to cry. For this child, this is a huge step. She allowed us to comfort and cry with her. To see her heart break, broke mine as well. I truly love this child (and all my kids) and she has a special place in my heart. It killed me to have to watch her in so much pain, but I felt so blessed to be able to love her through it. I continue to encourage her and try to talk with her about how she is doing. My fear is that she will now begin to withdraw herself from others. My prayer for her is that this set back makes her stronger and trust those around her to support her. I hope that she realizes that she can reach out to those around her who love her and share exactly where she is at and know that she can trust us. I love you to death and want so much for her. She has so much potential and I have seen so much growth in her in such a short period of time. Please keep her in your prayers as well. While yesterday went very well, she needs to continue to process through this and that will take a while. Thank you.


No comments: