Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Roller Coaster of Emotion




Well, I'm 26 weeks (and 4 days) along and have found the pregnancy symptoms coming in waves. I spent a week depressed and EXTREMELY edgy. Michael was very sweet despite my horrible attitude. I am beginning to feel more uncomfortable and unattractive. It is more difficult to get around and bend over; even getting into the van is becoming a challenge. I truly love being pregnant but am beginning to deal with more of the insecurities. It is beginning to remind me of high school and early college when I was overweight and extremely insecure. I know I am getting bigger for a good reason and would be worried if I wasn't gaining weight (and truthfully I have only gained about 13-15 pounds and I'm almost to my 3rd trimester!!).

I have also begun dealing with back pain around my rib cage. Michael has been so sweet to rub my back when I ask. It is such a dull ache that it doesn't really go away but it feels good to have someone rub it for a while. He also came over the other day and started rubbing my feet. Later he asked me if my feet have started hurting or swelling yet. That is a definite no but I love a good food rub.

I am also dealing with some major cravings. I don't want anything that is good for me. I try (unsuccessfully) to deny some of the cravings for sweets but come 9 p.m. I can usually be found on the couch with a big bowl of cereal, some chocolate thing (whatever I can find in the house), crackers, cheese, last night it was tuna (not usually all of these but some random combination). Last Thursday I was craving doughnut after our pastor talked about dunkin' donuts. Michael was so sweet, he picked some up at the food room. He truly tried, however, the donuts were horrible. I still ate three of them but they did not satisfy the craving. I was just wanting a good chocolaty doughnut. I began thinking of Krispy Kreme...the chocolate covered kind with the white kreme whipped filling...YUM!! Last night the hubby had to pick up a couple of our kids from town and since it is the end of the month we were a little tight financially. When he arrived home, he said something along the lines of, "I know I shouldn't have done this considering our finances but here." He pulled out a box with a half dozen of the krispy kreme craving. I feel so loved!! He ate one with me and I have actuallly been able to refrain from eating the rest of them today.

I feel so blessed right now. I have so many friends and family who are supporting me and giving me a TON of advice (which I LOVE). I have an amazing husband who is taking wonderful care of me despite my mood swings and trying ever so hard to make me happy. God is providing for us daily and showing us that He is our provider. One example is that we had to get new tires for our van today (without question...we have driven 5000 in 2 months and the tires had already had some wear on them). Unfortunately we did not have the money in the bank for a set of new tires. I thought we would be getting paid tomorrow but we couldn't wait that long. However, when I checked our account, I found that our paychecks had been deposited today!! God is so good. Not only that but we were able to get a discount and we found a rebate for it online. The Lord is good!! It is crazy how often I take so much for granted. I am so blessed and loved. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support during this journey we are on. I can't believe we are getting so close to the end of the pregnancy and the beginning of Michael being able to take part in caring for our little boy in a more hands on way.


26 1/2 weeks

With the pretty flowers


3 comments:

GrannyNanny said...

You look great, Jen! I love this post and hearing how your pregnancy journey is going. It's such a roller coaster at times, but is so worth it when baby is in your arms. God bless you and Michael and keep on posting! Hugs.

Emily said...

You're so cute pregnant! I totally miss my pregnant belly but I remember being that awkward "I just feel fat" phase too. I just started following your blog again -- Sorry, Jen. I don't really know you but Michael and I went to HS/College together -- and it's fun to read about your adventures and experiences. God bless you in these next months. And may the be totally uneventful as far as your pregnancy is concerned.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
I remember those crazy cravings! Yours sound pretty normal to me:) Your hair is beautiful and I loved the donut splurge.
-Adrienne