Thursday, May 28, 2009

Honky Tonk Badonkadonk

Shut my mouth, slap your grandma
There outta be a law
Get the Sheriff on the phone
Lord have mercy, how's she even get them britches on
That honky tonk badonkadonk

One of our girls has said several times that she has to “educate” me on music. Of course she wants to educate me on genres of music that I have intentionally remained ignorant of. One shining jewel of an example is the above song by Trace Atkins. This song is one of the many gems that have been on rotation in our house as of late. Lord have mercy indeed. The girls always want to listen to either Country or Rap. I listen to some Country and some Rap but anyone who knows me could probably not see me enjoying listening to songs about “getting sweaty on the dance floor.” Get jiggy with it…or…something. Just a few months ago I felt that my musical tastes were relatively cutting edge. Now apparently they have been relegated into the category of “old man music.” It happened so fast. Oh well, I suppose I will have to carry on somehow. As I write the baby was able to crawl over to the CD player, pull himself up and turn down the volume on my music. EVERYBODY is a critic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! How did that happen anyway? We are old now. I guess all it took is for other people to be born. :)